| Southern Cape | South Africa
- Accounts: Accounts may be settled by cash or electronic transfers. By Credit Card through Booksure.
- Bicycles: there is a mountain bike trail at Grootvadersbosch Nature Reserve and various other places to visit.
- Breakfast: Breakfast at R60.00 per person is available on request. Breakfast is served at the main house family table between 7:30 and 8:30. Please arrange for this before 12:00 the previous afternoon. Breakfast consists of: juice, seasonal fruit, cereal, yoghurt, eggs, meat (e.g. bacon or sausage or mince), vegetables (e.g. tomatoes or mushrooms or onions) home baked bread or muffins, a selection of preserves and tea/coffee.
- Bedding: All our beds have their own bedding. This includes sheets, blankets, duvets and pillows. Extra blankets are kept in cottage cupboards.
- Bathrooms: All cottages have shower facilities. A baby bath is available on request at the main house.
- Check-in time: Arrival times to kindly be arranged with Pieter or Tharien. Keys to be collected from main house.
- Check-out time: 11:00 at the latest. Please hand keys in at the main house.
- Children: Children are welcome to enjoy the farm life on Valley’s End. Please be advised that children should always be under supervision of their parents and the management at Valley’s End will not be held responsible for any injuries. Please take the privacy and peace of other guests into consideration.
- Cattle: Guests are welcome to accompany Pieter on mornings when he goes to the cattle (approx. 8:30). Guests are under no circumstances allowed into the camps with cattle unless accompanied by Pieter. Entry at own risk.
- Dinner: After a day of relaxing in the beautiful surrounds, there is no need to slave over a hot stove. Dinner is available at R120.00 per person on request. Please arrange for this in the morning before 10:00. It will be served from 19:00 at the family table in the main house (please confirm your time with Tharien when booking). Dinner is a three course meal. Traditional ‘Boerekos’ is on the menu. You can expect a hearty, homely atmosphere with dishes such as vegetable or butternut soup, ‘bobotie’, ‘potjiekos’, ‘braaivleis’, stews, baked potatoes, sweet potato, pumpkin fritters, ‘mieliepap’, home baked delights, milktart, sago pudding, etc. If prefer dinner will also be serve in your cottage.
- DSTV at R25.00 per day is available in Stone Cottage.
- Emergency numbers
- Ambulance: 044 691 1991
- Police: 028 722 1910
- Ilze Jacobs Tourism Safety and Support: 082 972 2207
- Edan Fire Control: 044 279 1415
- Swellendam Hospital: 028 514 8400/7/8
- Dr Uys Keyser: 028 722 2425
- Dr Scholtz: 028 722 2034 / 082 378 5085
- Tharien de Jager: 082 781 9855
- Pieter de Jager: 082 567 5622
- Farmlife: Valley’s End is a working farm. Life stock includes Bonsmara and Nguni cattle, Döhne-Merino sheep and poultry. Please refrain from entering demarcated farming areas (e.g. camps, hen house) without being accompanied by Valley’s End staff.
- Farm Products: Farmfresh eggs and beautiful Nguni hides available.
- Golf: Heidelberg golf club is 15km away.
- Housekeeping: Valley’s End facilities are self-catering. Cleaning services are available on request at an additional fee.
- Hairdryers: Hairdryers are supplied in each cottage for the guests’ use.
- Heating: All beds are provided with electrical blankets and each cottage has its own heater for extra warmth in winter months.
- Internet: Available on request. Please confirm with Pieter.
- Laundry: Laundry will be done on request at the main house at an additional cost and at the guests’ own risk.
- Loo: Our toilets are connected to septic tanks that operate on bacterial action. Please do not throw sanitary protection, nappies or anything else into the pan that can disturb the system. Please use the bins and bags provided.
- Nature: Valley’s End is part of the Grootvadersbosch Conservancy. If guests are found lighting fires outside of designated areas, they will immediately be asked to vacate the premises. No fireworks/crackers allowed under any circumstance.
- Nappies: A big bin is provided outside the cottages to dispose of nappies or other waste.
- Noise: Please keep noise and music to an acceptable level in consideration of other guests.
- Pets: no pets allowed.
- Personal Indemnity: Management will not be responsible for any personal injury or damage to personal goods during your stay at Valley’s End. Please sign personal indemnity form on arrival.
- Power failure: In the event of a power failure, candles and matches are available in the cottages.
- Rates: R260.00 inclusive per day per person. Children between 4-11 years are R75.00 per night and children under 4 years stay free. 50% deposit is required to ensure your booking. Cancellation fees are charged as follows:
- Less than 7 days, forfeit the full deposit
- From 7-14 days, forfeit 75% of the deposit
- From 14-21 days, forfeit 50% of the deposit
- From 21-28 days, forfeit 25% of the deposit
- Before 28 days, forfeit 10% of the deposit
- Smoking: No smoking in the cottages please. Please feel free to use the orange sand buckets outside for cigarette butts.
- Self catering: Valley’s End cottages are self-catering. Each cottage has its own fridge-freezer, microwave oven, kettle and small stove and oven. Cottages are also supplied of cutlery, crockery and cookery needed to prepare and serve meals. Cottages also have use of private braai areas. Firewood will be provided.
- Towels: Guests are provided with bath towels for their use in the cottages.
- Valley’s End water is naturally brown and not polluted. It is safe for washing but not recommended for consumption. Drinking and cooking water is supplied. Please remember that Valley’s End is a water scarce area. Use water sparingly.